It was not long ago when I had my own quinceañero celebration, and honestly I get excited just thinking about it. Quinceañeros are such a special time for girls. If you decide to do a sweet 16 instead party instead, I think it has the same impact in your life.
When I was planning my quince celebration I wish I had known these:
- Make it as you as you can! Make sure that everything from decorations to the music are things that you like. Even the change of shoes! I wish I had thought of changing from my tennis shoes to the sandals.
- Make sure you wear your hair in a comfortable way. By this I mean, if you are used to have your hair up, then have an updo. However, if you like to wear your hair down, then make sure your hairstyle fits that with mabe a half do. You will be surprised at how much your hair will upset you if you do not do this. Also, if you decide to do hair extensions, try to wear them one occasion before your quinceañero just so you get used to them.
- Have fun! Forget about logistics. The planner your parents have hired is there to help you and take care of those details.
- You don't need a full court! Well yes, a full court looks nice. However, you don't have to feel pressured into selecting a specific amount of people to be with you that day. Choose friends and maybe even family members that are close and important to you. The pictures of your quinceañero will last you forever, so you want to make sure there is people that you love in them.
- Work with the team to keep the timeline in place. Maybe something goes wrong and you will have to move faster in other areas. This is where doing pictures with your dress before your quinceañero comes in as a great advantage. I'll tell you more on that on another post.
If you are planning a quinceañero, I hope these really help you. This season is very special and I think the second most important of your teenage years with High School Graduation being number one.
Enjoy the day! Laugh a lot! And always remember that life is about doing the best in the moment you’re in.